|….and today my legs are feeling a little limp!|
I’m no expert when it comes to lifting. I just try and get in the gym as much as I can to add strength training to my regimen. I know it’s essential if I ever want to be any kind of “good” athlete. Leg day is always my favorite and I’ve learned to enjoy the desperate pain I feel The Day After Leg Day. Who wouldn’t love having to lower yourself on to the potty like an 80 year old women? I find that I have to switch things up quite a bit in order to get a really good workout. Yesterday, I walked into the gym without a clue as to what I wanted to do or target so….I just picked all my favorites! Seems legit right?
Here’s the breakdown:
- 10 min stretch – target legs: hams, quads, calves, IT band, and inner thigh (never forget to stretch!)
- 1 mile treadmill warm up – slow pace, building speed 5.0-6.5
- Romanian deadlifts- 4 sets of 10, weight – 75#
- Weighted walking lunges – 4 sets of 20 (across the gym floor) – weight 35#
- Squats – 4 sets of 15 – weight 35#
I know! I know! Weak! but I’m solo here, no spot and no squat cage, I have to be able to get the bar over my head and onto my shoulders on my own. I tried to compensate by increasing my reps. It was still a pretty good.
- Burpees – 4 sets of 10 with weighted dead lift in between each burpee. – weight 35 #
- Leg extension (using machine) – 4 sets of 10 weight 75#
- Calf raises – 4 sets of 20 – weight 35#
Cool down: 15 minute stretch, same as before target legs: hams, quads, calves, IT band, and inner thigh.
I kind of liked this combo! For being a random day at the gym I felt like I had pretty good results.